Opening Soon VFire Mixed Rice合家菜饭专卖店即将开张

Many asked why I always know when something new is opening in town but I can honestly tell you that I do not know how to answer that question. 

Well I guess I'm always at the right place at the right time and this time I was driving past a narrow slip road and suddenly saw a crane putting up the new signboard. I quickly parked and let my inquisitive nature go to work.

                                                    合家菜饭专卖店即将开张

The new restaurant is located just a stone throw away from the Wednesday Pasar Malam in Oakland commercial square. 

A corner shop it is quite small to cater to large numbers of customers and the stove looked different so I asked the guy that’s doing the renovation. 

"Hi boss what's cooking?"

The guy in white shirt answered “I’m not the boss and neither is he” pointing to his co-worker “We’re just doing the renovation work and most importantly the boss pays us when our job is done”

‘Ok so at least you would know the opening date right? I asked and he hesitantly said “7th of July guaaa… you should ask the boss, he’ll be back shortly”

I nodded and went outside for more photos snapping and the drizzle was gradually turning into a rain so I went back to the car and sped off without meeting the boss.

According to the signage they would be serving Teo Chew Porridge together with mixed dishes of meat and vegetables.

So does anyone know what’s special about this new VFire mixed rice shop?  

Comments

Popular Posts